The OFX suite that implements general purpose memory management.
Use this suite for ordinary memory management functions, where you would normally use malloc/free or new/delete on ordinary objects.
For images, you should use the memory allocation functions in the image effect suite, as many hosts have specific image memory pools.
- C++ plugin developers will need to redefine new and delete as skins ontop of this suite.
memoryAlloc)(void *handle, size_t nBytes, void **allocatedData)¶
- handle - effect instance to assosciate with this memory allocation, or NULL.
- nBytes - the number of bytes to allocate
- allocatedData - a pointer to the return value. Allocated memory will be alligned for any use.
- allocatedData - pointer to memory previously returned by OfxMemorySuiteV1::memoryAlloc